Monday, November 5, 2007

The Bitch is Back


Sincere apologies my faithful Nesters!

My computer was down, and, then I ended up taking an unexpected hiatus.

But, the Bitch is back, and she's feeling renewed and zesty.

While I may have taken a brief break from blogging, the Nesting continued...so there is much to share in the coming weeks!

In any event, I've been feeling kind of guilty for abandoning you all...so, here's a little nugget from 8 million years ago...AKA the Chris Kimball book signing. Some of you emailed me thirsty for details so...here y'are!

CHRISTOPHER KIMBALL'S BOOK SIGNING
@ THE SHOPS AT COLUMBUS CIRCLE



The event opened with Chris chatting about the new book and how America's Test Kitchen works diligently to perfect its recipes.
Then there was a Q&A where all the weird-ass New Yorkers reared their ugly heads and asked totally irrelevant and uninformed questions. The only pertinent piece of information we learned during the Q&A was that when Christopher eats out in New York, he prefers Le Bernardin .
Classy Chris, classy.


Chris and his Test Kitchen crew brought along snacks. Which, as is evident, I munched whilst admiring our new book!


Then Chris signed some books...which we were super-stoked for!!!


And, here is our glorious book, equipped with signature of course!
And, Chris even has a little bow-tie stamp! So cute! It scored him some major Nesting points!

Anyway, even if it was, like, 3 years ago, it was fun and I thought y'all would like to see zee photos!

Have a great Monday! And, stay tuned as I beg for your forgiveness through blogging!

3 comments:

Marc said...

I am so jealous!!! I love Cook's Illustrated, and I really want that new "Best of" book! I have "The Best Recipe" and I love it.

What was the snack you were eating?

BTW, I am fully with him on Le Bernardin - it is my favorite place in the city.

Brooklyn Bitch said...

The snack was just a vanilla cookie sandwich with chocolate creme filling. A little dry to be honest. But, he did bring en mass, so, I forgive him. The book is awesome...totally worth the cash, especially with his signature!

He's class all the way, and, in case you were wondering: The guy really does LOVE food. Good to know considering we trust his recipes on an almost daily basis.

pinknest said...

does he EVER not wear the bowtie?!