Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sobriety Checkpoint: The Manhattan

With the promise of cold weather there is nothing more inviting than a drink that will warm you up.

addROC, my personal chef and mixologist, has been making lots of fun, pretty, and most importantly, tasty drinks lately.

My favorite?

The Manhattan.

I may be The Brooklyn Nester, but, our neighboring borough is equally divine, especially when it's in a glass.

It's classic.
Something our parents and grandparents take a sip of and are hit with a wave of nostalgia.

And, best of all, it's simple. It meets my rule for three ingredients or less. And, it kicks some serious ass.

The Manhattan makes you re-think Red Bull© and Vodka and other trashy drinks we fall into the habit of ordering sometimes.

This recipe is tried and true.

2 OZ Rye or Bourbon Whiskey
1/2 OZ Sweet Vermouth
A Dash of Angostura® Bitters
A Few Cubes

Easy. Strong. Delicious.

A perfect night cap.

So cheers to a borough that isn't Brooklyn...especially if it's on the rocks!

P.S. I also LOVE this drink with a dash of Orange Bitters. And, if I'm feeling super classy, I'll break out the traditional Martini glasses.


pinknest said...

mmm...i love such classic cocktails!

Reid Hawkins said...

these certainly were some tasty drinks, Cheers!