Sunday, July 29, 2007

addROC's Kitchen: 2 Nights, 2 Meals


Mmmm...veggies from Union Square's Greenmarket.
These were the colorful ingredients my boyfriend, addROC, chose to cook with this weekend.

Here at The Brooklyn Nester, Brooklyn Bitch does a lot of nesting, but, not a lot of cooking. I leave that task to persons with the know-how, and I'll do the dishes...I promise.

Join me as I highlight the delicious eats that we enjoyed this weekend here at The Brooklyn Nester in addROC's Kitchen.

Night #1: Just the Two of Us


Pork Chops with a Spicy Orange Glaze
Tomato, Fennel, Onion, and Ham Salad with a Parmesan Dressing
Fresh Sweet Corn



Absolute perfection. And, the colors were beautiful. Something pretty always tastes better!

Night 2: Grilling for Friends

Salsa Verde
Fried Fresh-Corn Fritters
Dirty Rice with Pork Sausage
Cucumber and Onion Salad with Thai Sweet-Chili Dressing
Grilled Garlic-Shallot Burgers Topped with Cheddar, Onion, and Tomato


Salsa Verde
Fried Fresh-Corn Fritters
Dirty Rice with Pork Sausage
Cucumber and Onion Salad with Thai Sweet-Chili Dressing

Grilled Garlic-Shallot Burger Topped with Cheddar, Onion, and Tomato


Huzzah for men who can cook, 'cause I sure can't!

Many thanks to addROC for another delicious weekend.

Enjoy the rest of yours!

2 comments:

Stanik said...

Dirty rice is the best meal an Ithacan college student could ever have.

Anonymous said...

This was a great meal, thanks! The corn fritters were badass, I need to get that recipe from you!