Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Gingered-Lemon Meringue Pie : 1, Me : 0


Yeeeeah, if this were a tennis match, I would've just gotten ACED.

Even more sad, it was no tennis match, it was another attempt at baking.

Yes, after my success with White Chocolate Pecan Pie, I thought I'd take my new, overpriced mixer and dally about in the land of pie-making prestige and attempt a Gingered-Lemon Meringue Pie.

Alas, It didn't work out the way I'd hoped.

Though it looks pretty in the picture, my Gingered-Lemon filling was a bit too tart, and after baking the meringue on top, the filling wasn't quite set enough for easy serving OR eating.

But, addROC and I agree that it was not a total failure. The crust, while basic, was baked to perfection and had a great flavor, and my meringue was EGGCELLENT!!!

And, let's let that be my baking humor for the day, it only goes downhill from here.

1 comment:

pinknest said...

sometimes pies drive me crazy with their necessary precision!! i'd still eat it because it looks yummy to me. maybe you had a case of weeping meringue. aaaa!