Friday, August 24, 2007

The POM© Hype


Sometimes I'm in the deli, and I ask myself...why?

Why on EARTH do people consume the shit they consume? And it's not just a matter of the consumption itself, it's a matter of the price we pay to have the honor of consuming!

Fuck that. I'm tired of the advertising industry's psychological warfare.

So, I did it.

I tried POM©.

Just to see what the big, fuckin' deal was with their big, fancy jar glasses and their super-jacked antioxidants for long life, or whatever.

And, you know what people? It's tea. It's tea, in a fancy jar.

Bottom Line: If you really want to spend $3.75+ on a jar of tea...go for it. That's your prerogative. But, if it were me, I'd do what I had to do to complete my glass collection, and swear off POM© for life.

Why? Because you're some marketing agent's wet dream.

You saw a a little bit of Pomegranate juice or Tea in a fancy jar, or a fancy cape, or with fancy wings, on the side of a telephone booth somewhere and you decided, for between $3.75 and $5, to buy the hype.


And, what can I say? I did too.

But, trust me, I won't again.

1 comment:

Commie of teh PPoAins said...

I'm not a fan of the POM either... One jar does look fancy I guess, but doesn't the other one just look like someone at the factory was having a sip, didn't like it and decided to put a top on it and sell it to us, the consumers? Although, I will admit, the plain jar/glass makes a great spare ice glass! *cheapskate*